We all know the frustration of cleaning up after a busy day or hosting a party. And when it comes to cleaning the blender, it’s easy to put it off until later. But leaving it for too long can turn into a big mess. That’s why we’re here to help you clean your blender quickly and easily.
With various cleaning methods available, like hot water or another technique, you can finish the job with ease and without wasting any precious time. Let us help you simplify your life and keep your kitchen sparkling clean!
How do you clean your blender in less than one minute?
Most of us cannot start our day without juice or a smoothie. But in the morning, it isn’t easy to manage time for cleaning the blender after separating it. So, this quick method will be beneficial for you in cleaning the blender quickly and without wasting your time.
The items you will require are:
- Dish soap
- Paper towel
- Lemon (not mandatory)
- Baking soda, or bicarbonate of soda
You can clean your blender in just one minute. It will only take the time of watching a TikTok, and sometimes even less.
Step 1: Prepare Hot Water
- Load half of the blender with hot water.
Step 2: Add Baking Soda
- Sprinkle in some baking soda.
Step 3: Blend
- Grind the mixture for at least 10 minutes.
Step 4: Discard
- Dispose of the water and baking soda mixture.
Step 5: Prepare Soapy Water
- Fill the blender halfway with warm water and add some dishwasher soap. You can even add a few drops of lemon to it.
Step 6: Stir
- Stir the soapy water for 10 to 15 seconds.
Step 7: Discard
- Dispose of the soapy water.
Step 8: Rinse
- Rinse the blender thoroughly with clean water.
Step 9: Let It Dry
- Allow the blender to air dry.
In just a few minutes, your blender will be ready for use again.
How do I deep clean a blender?
After regular use, your blender will eventually require a deep clean despite the quick one-minute cleaning process. Parts like crannies and nooks are going to require a deep clean. For that, you will need to dismantle it, but don’t worry; it won’t take more than 10 to 15 minutes. The items you will require are:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Scrubby with a handle
- Drying towel
Step 1: Clean the blender quickly.
Before we start with this lengthy cleaning method, clean it to remove any leftovers stuck in it. You can use the method mentioned above to clean it quickly. But you need to clean it for at least one whole minute.
Step 2: Dismantle the blender
Deep cleaning involves cleaning each part separately and properly.
- Initially, remove the plug from the blender.
- Remove all the other parts, like blades, lids, gaskets, etc.
Step 3: Wash the jar
Since all the ingredients are placed in a jar when preparing anything, the jar will be the dirtiest and need your attention the most.
- Soapy water should be present in the sink.
- Rinse it for sanitization and put some hydrogen peroxide in it.
- Rub every single space in the jar.
- In case it’s not possible to remove the blades, nooks, and crannies, you can use a scrubby to clean it.
- To wash the difficult stains, use some baking soda.
Now you can wash the jar either by yourself or in a dishwasher (the jar must be dishwasher-safe.
Step 4: Clean the lid and blades
After cleaning the jar, you must also clean the other small parts of the blender.
- Leave everything to rinse for 30 minutes.
- Clean them with some cloth.
- Wash them with clean water.
- Dry them with the dry towel you have.
Step 5: Cleaning the blender base
Generally, your blender only gets dirty while functioning if you leave the lid loose and everything spills out on it. That situation can be horrible, but in normal conditions, it can be cleaned easily. You need to use a toothbrush or a wet cloth to clean it.
- Add a drop of dish soap to the wet cloth.
- Wipe the complete base.
- Immerse yourself in baking soda.
- Deeply rub the stained area.
- Wipe everything off with a damp cloth.
- Rinse the cord.
- Let everything dry.
Step 6: Assemble the parts
You can rearrange the dismantled parts just as you detached them in the first place.
How to remove stubborn stains?
If you do not wash the blender instantly after use and leave it for a long time, it will get stubborn stains and might sting a bit. So, now it’s time to clean up these stains.
You will need just two items to clean it. They are:
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Fill the blender with vinegar and water in equal quantities.
- Put it at high speed for one minute.
- Throw the liquid out of the blender.
- Have the sink filled with soapy water.
- Put some baking soda in.
- Dismantle the jar and the lid.
- Leave everything in soapy water overnight.
- Rub it in the morning.
- Rinse, soak, dry, and rearrange it again.
How to clean rusty blender blades?
If, for any reason, you did not dry the blades before keeping them, and now there are tiny particles of rust on them, don’t worry. You can easily clean it with the help of white vinegar.
- Rinse the rusty blades for 24 hours in soapy water.
- Mix water with baking soda.
- Rub any rusting stain with a toothbrush or steel wool.
- Wash it and let it dry completely.
How do you keep your blender fresh and clean?
Do you also want a clean and fresh blender? The smell of fresh lemon from them rather than the smoothies’ smell.
- Always dry your blending before placing it away.
- Read the brand’s manual properly before putting the parts in a dishwasher.
- For a foul smell, start the blender with baking soda and water or clean it with baking soda to eliminate the bad odor.
- After a few uses, clean it for sure.
- Remove your blender after washing to prevent stuck-on crusts.
Q. Can sanitizer be used for cleaning a blender?
Yes, you can use sanitizer while cleaning a blender. You must add the diluted sanitizer to the blender according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You can even use bleach to clean the blender.
Q. How often should I clean the blender?
You can undertake a quick method of cleaning after every use. But you should do a deep cleaning of your blender after every 4 to 5 uses.
Generally, cleaning a personal blender is very easy. They are quick and easy to dismantle and clean. However, you must not assume anything by yourself and thoroughly read the instructions given by the manufacturer related to its cleaning.
The quick cleaning method is straightforward, and your work will be done in no time, precisely one minute. Although deep cleaning may take more time, it is also necessary to remove stuck-up leftovers and maintain cleanliness. This also won’t take too much time. You will need to give around 10 to 15 minutes only.
We have tried our best to provide you with the least time-consuming methods of cleaning your blender. You can try these methods and see the results yourself.